Sometimes a family has an interest in scrabble, maybe train spotting, possibly Mediaeval Re-enactments. I think we’d all agree it would probably be a great idea from one member… lets go camping….. Mum and Dad and kids, then kids reluctant or enthusiastic who cares… Then Kids get older and may not be quite so keen? …. The tales of endless summer holidays trekking the countryside and pitching tents in the pouring rain or preparing sandwiches for a day by the river in waders and a bucket hat or railway siding?
But perhaps less common is three brothers finding a common interest- post mid life crisis risk zone, that is, not only is it a big deal for the average city professional, but also sets revive all the delights of sibling rivalry.
Add to the mix one brother’s offspring and a mate, just to pitch the youth against the experienced, and the merry gang prepares to defying human norms.
So In order of age, showing due deference for experience… in something..
- Tony “Ironman Senior” Russell, 56 of Harpenden,
- Peter “middle child” Russell, 54 of Harpenden,
- David “baby bro” Russell 48 of … yup, Harpenden,
- Dan “Ironman Junior” Russell 25 originally of Harpenden now of Dubai!
- and Andy “honorary Russell” Brown also formerly of Harpenden
Do they put something in the water?